Bags under eyes — mild swelling or puffiness under the eyes — are common as you age. With aging, the tissues around your eyes, including some of the muscles supporting your eyelids, weaken. Normal fat that helps support the eyes can then move into the lower eyelids, causing the lids to appear puffy. Fluid also may accumulate in the space below your eyes, adding to the swelling. So to overcome this under eye bags you can follow some simple tips to get rid of it. Check out the tips below:
Top 10 Tips To Reduce Under Eye Bags/Puffiness:
- Sleep early in the night. Get at least 8 hours of night sleep
- Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated always.
- Cold compress- Keep ice cubes or cool cucumber, wet washcloth under your eyes to reduce the puffiness
- Apply tea bags- Keep chilled caffeinated tea bags or green tea bags under your eyes for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply potato juice or any other naturally lightening products under your eyes which will clear your dark circles and under eye bags
- Take your make up off before your bed
- Take care of your diet. Cut back on salty foods
- Protect your eyes from UV rays. Use sunscreen cream, sunglasses or hats to protect your face from harmful rays
- Consider a good eye cream to apply on every night before going to bed
- Quit smoking and alcohol.